Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Computer Stuff It

The first real PC I ever worked on was an old 386 with Windows 3.1 on it.

Actually, I had tried my hand at programming using Basic, but was a total flop at it.

Now, after years of computer use, I know everything there is to know about computers, only they haven't found out about it yet.

For instance, in my last post I dutifully copied and pasted a link to my post as I have done many times before.

Try as I might, though, the link would not work.

So I tried adding the actual URL.

That didn't work either.

So my last post, in which I tried to direct you to "Things that make you go Hmmm" just would not direct you there.

Here's what I have learned from the experience: Every time I think I know all there is to know, or at least as much as I need to know, I discover that there is much more yet to learn than I have already learned.

The same is true of God.

Just when I think (in my unbelievable self-aggrandizement) that I have Him figured out, He reveals to me what should have been obvious: There is more to know about Him than I will ever have learned.

That is a good thing, because if I could figure Him out completely, I would be Him, and none of us would want that.

See, because I would not even have saved ME. And I sure wouldn't have saved you. So aren't we all glad that I am not Him.

I sure am.

By the way, if He hasn't saved you already (from the presence, power and penalty of sin - for which we owe a debt that we cannot pay), He stands ready to do so as soon as you trust in, and only in, His finished work in Christ at the Cross of Calvary.

Trust Him today. Find out how much more there is to know about Him.

Oh, and if you haven't gone to "Things That Make You Go Hmmm" yet, and thousands of you have not, just click on the link in my blogroll. It will take you there, and it's worth the trip.

9 comments:

shari said...

That link thing has happened to me before. With determination and repeated attempts, it would sometimes work again. Also closing out of the post and re-doing it has worked.... things that make you go hmmmmmm lol

Jeff H said...

I've stopped thinking I know all there is to know. Instead, I am safe in the knowledge that I know everything I need to know: Jesus.

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

The parenthesis got you in trouble Joe. It looks like you put it in in the compose mode, instead of the edit HTML mode. When you look at the way you wrote the link code in your sidebar, it should look exactly the same in the post.

That card thing was great. I told him I'm going to copy it in a post!

Oh, and I gave up a long time ago, trying to figure out God...Our little pea brains cannot compete with His magnificence!

Rose~ said...

Great post Joe. So true.

Are you creating your link in the "edit html" mode ... or in the "compose" mode (these are two tabs on the upper right of where you type your posts.) I have noticed that if I try to create links in the "compose" mode, it gets all screwed up.

Have a great Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes you are so right! This morning I prayed and asked HIM what He wanted me to read for quiet time. I felt it was Genesis, which is not what I would have picked. But as I began to read starting with Chapter 1, it began to unfold in a way I had never read before. I was so blessed, as He revealed himself to me in a whole new way. What incredible love He has for us.

Danny Sims said...

I love God's free downloads.

Seeker said...

I'm so glad God is God.

Pilot Mom said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

That's okay. You still made me go hmmm.