Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thirty Nine

The three burly Roman soldiers drew back their glass and iron impregnated cat-O-nine tails and brought them down on the back of the tethered Jesus.

1 - Anger

2 - Hatred

3 - Bitterness

4 - Malace

5 - Lying

6 - Stealing

7 - Adultry

8 - Coveteousness

9 - Avarice

10 - Greed

11 - Arrogance

12 - Pain

13 - Suffering

14 - Self-Centeredness

15 - Thoughtlessness

16 - Sullenness

17 - Self-Delusion

18 - Murder

19 - Lust

20 - Wickedness

21 - Fruitlessness

22 - Deceit

23 -Ill-Temperedness

24 - Foolishness

25 - Laziness

26 - Gluttony

27 - Impetuousness

28 - Evilness

29 - Cursing

30 - Treachery

31 - Bragging

32 - Cheating

33 - Rebellion

34 - Slander

35 - Gossip

36 - Hard-Heartedness

37 - Complaining

38 - Mockery

39 - Pride


By His stripes we are healed.

10 comments:

Kc said...

This weeks post are incredible blessing. I just had to tell you so.

jel said...

I agree with KC on this here


thanks!

Joe said...

kc jel: Thank you so much.

This has been one of those things I started an just could not stop. I did no editing of note and only a couple of misspelled words.

It was as though I had no input into the process.

I have completed work through sunday and can hardly wait to post each day's.

I've never had an experience like it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the enlightenment!

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

that list reminds me too much of The Passion of Christ...it gives me chills!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Amen!

Wayne Leman said...

Wow, Joe, there is power in the simplicity of your post. It caught my attention and tugged at my heart. Thank you, brother!

Gordon said...

Very powerful, Joe.

Kitty Cheng said...

amen!

Jenny said...

Joe that is sooo powerful. Thank you for sharing.