Wednesday, April 19, 2006

On the Road Again (Cont.)

We started telling everybody in Emmaus about our experience.

Then we knew we had to go back to Jerusalem to join the other followers.

And we did.

That very hour!

When we got there, we found the disciples who told us about Jesus having risen.

You should have seen the looks on their faces when we told them we had seen Him, too.

"Are you sure?" They asked the question as though they were not too certain of their own experiences.

"Yes, we are very..." but I did not get to finish the sentence.

Suddenly the room was filled with that same Light that Magmus and I had seen before.

And there before us stood Jesus!

"Why are you frightened? Why do you doubt that it is really I?"

"Look, here are my hands with the nail scars. Here are my feet. Don't be afraid. Touch me. I have a real body."

Out of nowhere, "Let's eat!"

Jesus seemed to really like to eat!

See, that's one reason we had to believe He was real. Ghosts don't eat that much.

"Do you remember how I told you about how what Moses and the prophets wrote and the Psalms must all come true?"

All of those Scriptures we had been told suddenly began to make sense. Our eyes were opened and we began to understand.

"Long ago it was written that I would suffer, be executed and rise again. It was written that this message of salvation should be taken from Jerusalem out to all the world. You have seen these prophecies come true right before your eyes.

"Shortly you will receive The Holy Spirit, just as the Father promised."

I was not sure what this "Holy Spirit" was, but if Jesus wanted me to have it, I certainly did want it.

"When you have received Him, He will give you the power to tell others about me. In fact, everything He does will point directly to my saving grace and nothing He does will fail to magnify me."

He. He called this Holy Spirit "He." That seemed very strange to me.

"Let's all go over to Bethany."

To be honest with you, at this point I would have followed Him anywhere.

He stopped for a moment.

I noticed that the breeze stopped and the place grew quiet.

Jesus lifted up His hands and the most remarkable thing happened.

He started rising into the sky!

This was no magic trick. Jesus was going up and up and up.

We stood awestruck for the longest time, until He had disappeared.

We were so amazed that we began to worship Him with all our souls!

It was with great euphoria that we continued in this spirit of worship all the way back to Jerusalem.

I cannot tell you how much joy just overflowed from us all.

We just kept praising and praising. And we told anybody who would listen about what had happened.

Even in the Temple we were telling and praising, telling and praising.

I am here to tell you, the feeling has never left me.

With every passing day, I love Him more and more. I have committed myself to serving him and telling His story for the rest of my life.

Oh, and by the way, the Holy Spirit did come.

I'll tell you all about that experience when next we meet.

Let me just say this for now.

Although you cannot go back in time and experience what I have told you about, I have it on good authority that if you'll confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, a remarkable chain of events will take place inside of you and will receive an indescribable gift: eternal life!

Do you want that?

It's free!

And if you have it, you will not be able to stop praising and worshipping Him, too.

Every day with Jesus
Is Sweeter than the day before.
Every day with Jesus
I love Him more and more.

Jesus saves and keeps me.
And He's the one I'm living for.
Every day with Jesus,
Is sweeter than the day before.

Every day with Jesus
I'll be walking down the King's highway!
Tell me the old, old story.
I love it better every day, Hallelujah!

I will make you fishers of men
If you'll only follow me.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!
I'm from sin set free!

And that's enough to make me sing!
And that's enough to make me sing!
My sins are all forgiven and I'm on my way to Heaven
And that's enough to make me sing!

Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelujah!
Prasie ye the Lord!
Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelu, Hallelujah!
Prasie ye the Lord!


Praise ye the Lord, Hallelujah!
Praise ye the Lord, Hallelujah!
Praise ye the Lord, Hallelujah!
Praise ye the Lord!

7 comments:

Nunzia said...

AMEN! that was a great read! hope you are well! God's Grace!

Anonymous said...

Happy REssurection Sunday to you too, Joe.

Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Ah, man...you need to put this in manuscript form...this is great Joe! You are a quite extraordinary story teller!

Anonymous said...

Great Post, I agree with Bonnie, you are quite a writer, I could feel it as I read it.

I am going to have to catch up on your posts now, I have been gone, my mother is very sick. If you could say a prayer for her I would appreciate it, her name is Reba.

Joe said...

And Father, we pray for Reba, that you, the Divine Healer, would work your will and receive the praise.

Kc said...

Amen.

Joe God is really blessing us through you in these post. It's like Sunday praise all week long!

Michael Pendleton said...

AMEN!

I can't add anything more.

AMEN!