Father, in an attitude of praise and worship I come to you remembering the time, when I was but a teenager, you made yourself known to me and changed my entire life.
I come to praise you for giving me Jesus.
I thank you for the enduring hope that will be there when time is no more.
With joy I remember the day when I realized that the sin in my life would leave me separated from you forever and that there was no hope for me unless you intervened.
I recall how you showed me that if I would turn in faith, trusting in, and only in, the finished work of Christ at the cross of Calvary and that you had raised Him from the dead you would give a gift beyond measure: everlasting life with you.
Thank you, Lord, in Jesus name.
HEAVEN CAME DOWN
by John W. Peterson
O what a wonderful, wonderful day
Day I will never forget;
After I'd wandered in darkness away,
Jesus my Savior I met.
O what a tender compassionate friend
He met the need of my heart;
Shadows dispelling, with joy I am telling,
He made all the darkness depart!
Chorus:Heaven came down and glory filled my soul
When at the cross the Savior made me whole
My sins were washed away and my night was turned to day
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul
Born of a Spirit with life from above
Into God's family divine,
Justified fully thro' Calvary's love,
O what a standing is mine!
And the transaction so quickly was made
When as a sinner I came,
Took of the offer of grace He did proffer
He saved me, O praise His dear name!
Now I've a hope that will surely endure
After the passing of time;
I have a future in heaven for sure,
There in those mansions sublime.
And it's because of that wonderful day
When at the cross I believed;
Riches eternal and blessings supernal
From His precious hand I received
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you so much, Joe, for reminding us of the joy of our salvation by sharing yours. And I so love that old song--haven't heard it in years. What does "proffer" mean?
Amen. I love these hymn's you choose too! Thanks again for leading us in praise.
Webster's Online Dictionary
proffer
Pronunciation: 'prä-f&r
Function: transitive verb
Meaning: to present for acceptance
yes I do too love the hymn's that you pick out! have a great week!
Post a Comment