Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Facing A Loss

At 11:00 PM last night I got a call from my sister telling me that my mother, who is 87 years old, was taken to the hospital with fluid forming around her heart.

She is not expected to live.

This is not the first time she has faced death.

In 1957 whe was told that she had, on the outside, 5 years to live. She had lost one and one-half kidneys, and had a uteral infection that required the taking of my unborn sister in order to save my mother's life.

Last year she was expected to die one night, but instead went home to live a little longer.

I do not have much optimism about this time, but have placed it all in God's hands. He knows and will do what is best.

Please pray for the family as we face this crisis.

Thank you.

15 comments:

mark pierson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mark pierson said...

Joe, I got that same phone call almost exactly one year ago. I shall pray.

Mark

jel said...

Joe, sorry to hear this,
will be thinking of and praying for you and your family

take care and God bless

janice

forgiven said...

Hi Joe

I'm praying for you all

Doug

Anonymous said...

Being faced with the possibility of losing a beloved one is always not a pleasant feeling, be they young, old or even well-aged. This is because of the reality that such a beloved may not be with us any more to share those precious moments. We thank God for the life of your mother and for keeping her thus far. It is my prayer that the same God who has kept her till now, will fulfil the number of her days. Amen

Jenny said...

Praying for you all!

Gordon said...

Joe, so sorry to hear about your mother. I will certainly be praying for all of you.

Anonymous said...

Joe, I just got your comment on my blog and came over. I am so very sorry.

You have encouraged me so much the last three months. I pray now that you are encouraged by the grace of our Lord, which IS sufficient.

Father, I lift up Joe's mom to you at this very moment. I pray Your hand be sovereignly on her life. Give this family Your grace, which is indeed sufficient. Give them the ability to trust You, for You are a merciful God, and You control all things. Manifest Yourself in a very real, very tangible way to them. In Christ's Name - AMEN

Anonymous said...

Joe, I will certainly keep you and your family in my prayers.

Caleb

Kc said...

May God strengthen and comfort you all. I will pray.

Kristi B. said...

I'll be praying for God's grace and strength to surround you all.

Anonymous said...

Tragic news. I'm praying for your mother and your whole family.

Pilot Mom said...

Joe, I'm praying for peace. May you and your family rest in His sovereignty!

Seeker said...

I am praying for you all.
God's grace and peace be with you.

audrey` said...

Please be strong and courageous.
Take care.
God bless you and your family.